Hair Care Guide
Your hair has always been your crowning glory. Most women desire to have long and silky hair and end up going through numerous products and solutions in order to try and find something that suits their hair the best. A woman’s hair speaks a lot about her personality and can do wonders to her looks. As a result, it is important for a woman to understand how to treat her hair properly and ensure that it looks good. If your daily hair care routines have become a pain, it might be time to wonder whether you’re doing things right. One of the best ways to improve your hairstyle is to get a haircut that suits your face and your personality. That being said, haircuts might help to enhance your looks, but they cannot take it to another level altogether. To transform the way you look and ensure that you turn heads everywhere you go, you need to understand the type of hair you have and determine the best ways to take care of it. Remember, the trial and error methods are most likely to end up doing more damage than making things better. Our Hair Care Guide lets you determine the type of hair that you have and offers unique hair care solutions as well.
Hair Care Guide – Tips for maintaining Greasy/ oily hair
Having a little bit of grease or oil in your hair is quite normal. However, too much of it can make your hair look really dirty. If your hair and your scalp are greasy, you need to ensure that you switch to conditioners and shampoos that are not too heavy. However, if you simply suffer from a greasy scalp, switch to shampoos for oily hair and conditioners for dry hair to get the right balance.
How to recognize greasy/ oily hair?
- Your hair looks lifeless and dull
- Irrespective of the amount of shampoo you use, your hair becomes limp and greasy within a couple of days
- You are suffering from excessive oil secretion that leads to dandruff and hair fall.
How to care of greasy/ oily hair?
The best way to take care of your greasy/ oily hair is to clean your hair every other day. Make sure that you don’t get tempted to wash your hair every now and then as the oil glands on your scalp can get stimulated by massaging. As a result, you end up making your scalp greasier every time you wash your hair. A few other tips for taking care of greasy/ oily hair include –
- Using a gentle cleansing action and refraining from massaging your hair.
- Rinsing your hair with diluted concoctions of cider, vinegar, and lemon
- Washing your hair with beer
- Opting for room temperature water instead of hot water
- Opting for herbal remedies instead of conditioners
Things to avoid with greasy/ oily hair
- Avoid shampooing your hair regularly
- Avoid changing your hairstyles every day
- Don’t scrub your ends
- Don’t use strong shampoos and try to use as many natural solutions as you can
- Don’t apply conditioners to your roots
- Don’t apply oil in your roots
Hair Care Guide – Tips for maintaining dry hair
Too much coloring can damage your hair and weaken its structure. Exposing your hair to excessive heat generated from curling irons, hairdryers and heated rollers can also cause the same damage. Staying in the swimming pool adequate headgear is also known to be extremely damaging. The outcome in all three cases is dry and depleted hair. All of these above-mentioned scenarios can make your oil glands ineffective, which in turn results in dry hair.
How to recognize dry hair?
- You constantly suffer from split ends
- Your hair is prone to excessive breakage
- Your hair becomes fuzzy and dry
How to care of dry hair?
The best way to take care of dry hair is to cut down on your use of hair dryers and curling irons and use moisturizing shampoos and conditioners that have been specifically designed for dry and damaged hair. Other solutions of taking care of your dry hair include –
- Treat your hair with deep conditioners once every week
- Wear adequate protection when going to the beach or for a swim
- Massage your hair with hot oil twice a week
- Avoid shampooing daily
- Increase the use of natural and homemade remedies such as mashed avocado hair masks.
Things to avoid with dry hair
- Don’t overwash or overbrush your hair
- Don’t scrub vigorously or scratch your scalp while shampooing
- Don’t use too high-heat treatments such as hair dryers, curling irons, etc. on your hair
- Don’t rely solely on DIY methods and home remedies for solutions
- Don’t leave your hair uncovered in weather extremes.
Hair Care Guide – Tips for maintaining normal straight hair
If you have straight and normal hair, you’re one of the lucky ones. The biggest advantage of having normal and straight hair is that you have a proper pH balance. However, before you get your hopes up, normal straight hair is one of the most uncommon types of hair.
How to recognize normal straight hair?
- You don’t have dandruff and/ or hair fall issues
- Your hair looks to be healthy and strong
How to care of normal straight hair?
The best way to take care of your normal straight hair is to have a balanced diet. It also helps to choose sulfate free shampoos. Other solutions for taking care of normal straight hair include –
- Using conditioners frequently
- Washing your hair on alternate days or on a regular basis
- Use a wide-toothed comb to comb your hair after applying conditioner and before rinsing it out.
Things to avoid with normal straight hair
- Avoiding from using curling irons on your hair
- Refrain from brushing your hair while it is wet
- Never rub your hair with a towel while it is wet
- Don’t fiddle or play with your hair every now and then.
Hair Care Guide – Tips for maintaining curly hair
The biggest issue for those having curly hair is the lack of shine. Curly hair is said to have an uneven surface which doesn’t help it in reflecting light properly. As a result, curly hair appears to be dull and lifeless.
How to care of curly hair?
- Massage your scalp with jojoba oil, aloe vera juice or coconut oil twice every week
- Use moisturizing shampoos and conditioners regularly
- Use wide-toothed combs while using conditioners
- Rinse your hair with cold water
- Use clarifying shampoos once every week
Things to avoid with curly hair
- Refrain from using hair dryers as much as you possibly can
- Stay away from products such as gels, grease, and mousse
- Don’t wash your hair every day
- Never brush your curls. Use your fingers to sort out the tangles.
Hair Care Guide – Tips for maintaining thick hair
Those suffering from thick hair are likely to complain of flaky and itchy scalps. These problems are usually caused by insufficient rinsing after cleaning the hair as the shampoo leaves behind some residue which gets sealed to the scalp ultimately resulting in dryness and irritation.
How to care of thick hair?
- Cut your hair in layers to reduce the bulk
- Use semi-permanent colors that don’t thicken as much as bleach or permanent colors
- Apply herbs like olive oil, camellia oil or sesame oil on your hair once every week
Things to avoid with thick hair
- Don’t keep your hair too long. Shorter haircuts can help you keep your hair under control
- Don’t cut the pieces or layers too short as they will end up adding to the volume
How to determine your hair type?
Determining your hair type is actually quite simple. All you need to do is dab a dry tissue onto your scalp one day after washing your hair. If there is an oil blot on the tissue, you have normal hair. If you cannot see any traces or residue, you have dry hair. If the strands begin to stick to each other, you have oily hair.