Glamorous Costumes for Halloween
Halloween 2014 is all about having your own style. Re-creating classic iconic costumes is always a great choice, from the likes of Marilyn Monroe to Bette Davis and beyond. You could, of course, opt for something new and fresh. There is something fun and exciting about trying something new that you’ve never done before – and if going glam is new for you, we have a treat for you in this edition of our blog!
Maybe you’re new to the glam look. That’s okay – welcome to the glamorous world of beauty! We’re happy to have you here!
Perhaps you don’t quite know where to start, and that’s why we’re providing you with a list of glamorous celebrities of new and old below, to help you get a grasp on just what the glamorous look is.
- Marilyn Monroe
- Bette Davis
- Angelina Jolie
- Scarlett Johansen
- Mila Kunis
- Rita Hayworth
Aside from these six gorgeous and glamorous celebrity women, there are countless others with styles you could copy for your Halloween costume this year.
What you need to get the glamour look:
- A long gown, preferably floor length, and curve hugging
- Some elbow length satin gloves or hand/wrist jewelry
- A hairstyle set in the era you are going for with your costume
- Glamorous shoes, should be heels
- Makeup inspired by whichever decade you are dressing up in – there are many tutorials online on how to complete the makeup for different decades
- Perhaps a fur of some sort; if you are against fur, skip this step – it’s not necessary
- Glamorous jewelry, perhaps in a dangly fashion (i.e. dangly earrings, chandelier inspired necklace, preferably in pearls or diamonds)
- Rings on your fingers and a dainty but standout bracelet
- Red lipstick
- A cigarette holder with a small clutch to match
Once you’ve gathered all of your glamour gear, get ready to rock all of the Halloween parties you attend in style! This is always a go-to costume for women who are on a time crunch for ideas to come up with the perfect Halloween costume, as well as those who love picture opportunities – you will no doubt steal the show and shine in your gorgeous glamour costume, with all eyes fixed on you. This is your moment to show the world the glamour girl within – make it count!